State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) & District Provided Professional Development (DPPD) Information
District Provided Professional Development enables Michigan teachers to utilize DPPD for the purpose of Professional and Occupational certificate renewal. District "provided" means PD offered in compliance with state law and/or that the district has supported the teacher either by providing a substitute teacher, paying conference or workshop expenses or registrations fees, or providing released time for attendance at PD activities. This includes time provided for teachers to work in professional learning communities, examining actual student data in their own school.
DO I NEED SCECHS?
State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) are used for the following:
- Advancement from a Provisional Teaching Certificate to a Professional Teaching Certificate
- Renewal of a Professional Teaching Certificate
- Renewal of an Advanced Professional Teaching Certificate
- Renewal of an Occupational Teaching Certificate
- Renewal of a School Administrator Certificate
- Renewal of a School Guidance Counselor Certificate
- Renewal of a School Psychologist Certificate
how can i earn scechs?
SCECHs are available for most MOISD workshops and conferences. In addition, you can earn SCECHs for the following professional activities:
- Participation in a pre-approved school committee
- Supervision of a student teacher
- Supervision of a pre-teaching/pre-service student observation/fieldwork
- Supervision of a school psychologist
- Mentoring a new teacher
- Mentoring a new school counselor
- Mentoring a new school psychologist
- Mentoring a new principal/administrator