Great Start Readiness Program
Mecosta-Osceola ISD partners with other preschool providers to ensure more children have access to appropriate early childhood educational programming.
Currently, the following locations house programs funded in full or part with State GSRP funds (there may be other preschool/head start programs at these locations other than the ones listed funded by other sources):
- Barryton Elementary--1 GSRP Classroom
- Crossroads Charter Academy--1 Head Start/GSRP Blended Classroom
- Eastwood Early Childhood Community Center-- 3 GSRP; 2 Head Start/GSRP Blended Classrooms
- Evart Elementary--1 GSRP and 1 Head Start/GSRP Blended Classrooms
- Ferris Early Learning Center--1 GSRP/Tuition Blend Classroom
- Mecosta Elementary--1 GSRP Classroom
- Reed City (GT Norman Elementary Early Childhood Annex)--1 GSRP and 1 Head Start/GSRP Blended Classroom
- Stanwood Elementary--1 GSRP and 1 Head Start/GSRP Blend Classroom
- Weidman Elementary--2 GSRP Classrooms
All programs operating with state funding must have a minimum of a three-star rating by Great Start to Quality rating system. Please click here to see the ratings for all the programs listed above.
Visit the Department of Education for more information regarding the GSRP.