Assistive Technology Lending Library
We are pleased to make available to you a variety of assistive technology devices, equipment, software and professional development materials to school personnel within the Mecosta-Osceola ISD, in order to improve access to assistive technology.
Our library is designed to provide short-term (6 week) loans of assistive technology for learning products to be used for the following purposes:
- consideration/assessment as part of the IEP development process or IEP recommendation
classroom implementation on a time-limited basis
- serving as temporary loaner during device repair or while waiting for funding
- providing an accommodation for a student on a short-term basis
- professional development (teacher training, skill development, etc.)
This program is not intended to provide long-term use of equipment either for student-specific or classroom use.
Look through the List of AT Tools for Loan to find the items you would like to borrow and their corresponding item numbers. Then just email email@example.com the name and number of the tool you would like. Make sure to read the Loaning Agreement Form before requesting an item, as your request signifies your agreement to all terms.
The list of tools is lengthy, so press "Ctrl + F" in order to search by tool name, keyword, category, or target audience (SLP, gen. ed, spec. ed, ect.) Some of the main categories of AT tools in the Lending Library are:
- Books (AT, UDL, AAC, Children’s)
- Software (Writing, Reading, Math, Speech & Game, Communication, Info
- Manipulatives (kits, books with picture symbols)
- AAC (Switches, Adaptive Toys, AAC, Visual Schedules, Mounts)
- Writing (Low Tech, Mid Tech, High Tech, Word Processors)
- High Tech Tools
- Low Tech Kits
If you are unsure of what tools would benefit a student in various areas of need (writing, communicating, ect.) browse through the AT Tool Checklist. You may already be using some AT tools in your classroom and not even know it!
For more information about Assistive Technology devices or software, contact Sara Smith.
Sara Smith, M.S. CCC-SLP
Assistive Technology Consultant
Mecosta Osceola ISD
interoffice mail: AT Lab/MORC
(231) 796-3543, ext. 412